Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mexican Diary #9: Back to Skool

You can see pictures of my mosaics on my website: www.martincheekmosaics.com
The Barbados work is shown on page:
www.martincheekmosaics.com/html/barbados_floor.html

Mexican Diary #9: Back to Skool

I’m moving house today. I’ve decided that 6 weeks in a hotel is too much for anyone. I actually don’t enjoy all that fawning and room service – it wears off after a few days. I’ve found a very simple but clean apartment, it’s also in a quieter, quainter neighbourhood nearer to the Byzantine studio. Its also cheaper of course I was paying 500 pesos a day at the hotel, which adds up for 6 weeks, whilst this one is 150 pesos – less than 1/3 the price! It also has a swimming pool and a garden area where I can read and relax (or weed and relax) if I wish.
I’ll let you know how it goes but it feels like the right thing to do.
My latest news is that I am being sent to school! Maria has decided that I have to learn Spanish – everyday I get told this by at least one of the workers here. Strange to say that languages are my weak point. I find it amusing that some people think that creativity – like being able to draw – is God given via a thunderbolt – like in that Beethoven ‘Pastoral’ sequence in Disney’s ‘Fantasia’. Well I think the same about learning a language. Well at least I have the incentive here.
SO I have to go twice a week: Tuesdays and Wednesdays after work 6.00 – 8.00 pm. It’s pretty full on here – I’m usually dead by the time I get home so we’ll have to see how I cope with that one.

You can see pictures of my mosaics on my website: www.martincheekmosaics.com
The Barbados work is shown on page:
www.martincheekmosaics.com/html/barbados_floor.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home